Are you suffering from back pain? You are in good company since back pain is the leading cause of disability globally. If you have back pain, have it treated promptly before it develops into a more complicated condition. Unfortunately, treating back pain isn't a straightforward process, especially when you do not know the underlying cause. Visiting a chiropractor is essential to establish the root cause of the back pain for an effective treatment plan. Contact Dr. Rumley at Rumley Family Chiropractic P.A. in Winter Park to find the back pain relief that you need.
Causes of Back Pain
There are several causes of back pain, which makes treatment a complex topic. Several factors can contribute to back pain. These include:
- Herniated discs: When the intervertebral discs get compressed, they are forced to bulge outwards, pressing on the nerves, resulting in back pain.
- Sprains and strains: Abrupt inflexible motions and repetitive heavy lifting can strain the back muscles and spinal ligaments.
- Spinal stenosis: This condition is intensified by narrowing of the spinal column, creating pressure on the spine and nerves, resulting in back pain.
- Spondylosis: It is the systematic wearing and tearing in the discs, joints, and bones, culminating in a general degradation of your spine, especially when one is aging.
- Sciatica: Aging, obesity, and injuries can cause the back structures to irritate your sciatic nerve, which causes pain.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the back can put pressure on the spinal nerves, causing pain and limited mobility.
Chiropractic Care For Back Pain
Chiropractors use natural methods to treat the root cause of your back pain. After a proper diagnosis, we will use a combination of the following methods to manage your back pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: This treatment involves gentle manipulation of the spine to improve functionality by mitigating the irritation of the nerves and restore the back’s range of motion.
- Spinal decompression: We may use a specialized table to create spaces in your vertebrae column. The objective is to lift pressure off the compressed spinal nerves.
- Massage therapy: Gentle massage not only relaxes your mind but also eases tension on your muscles, reducing pain and swelling.
- Laser therapy: We use a special light at specific wavelengths to treat back pain.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Winter Park, FL
Are you relying on pain relievers to manage your back pain? Chiropractic care offers a safe and natural alternative to pain medication. Call our team at Rumley Family Chiropractic P.A. today at (407) 277-0046 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.