Headache & Migraine Relief and Chiropractic Care
If you suffer from constant migraines and headaches, you might be frustrated, especially after trying traditional treatments without relief. Have you considered chiropractic care? When having head pain, chiropractic care may be the last thing in your mind, but this natural treatment helps reduce the intensity and frequency of headaches. At Rumley Family Chiropractic in Winter Park, FL, we have what it takes to help treat that nagging headache. Book an appointment with us today as the first step to a pain relief life.
Causes of Headaches
There are multiple causes of headaches. Some are chronic, while others are acute. The common causes of headaches are:
- Alcohol intake
- Environmental factors such as light and noise
- Poor sleep
After figuring out the cause of your headache, our chiropractor can provide treatment, including lifestyle changes.
What Is a Migraine?
A migraine is a neurological problem that causes numerous symptoms, most notably a throbbing headache, accompanied by other symptoms like light sensitivity, nausea, and the presence of an aura. While most people confuse migraines with headaches, migraines are more severe and come with more symptoms beyond head pain.
Plus, there are several types of migraines. Yes, we all don’t experience the same type of migraine. Here are some types of migraines:
- Migraine with an aura (complicated migraine): An aura is a warning sign characterized by blind spots, flashing lights, and seeing wavy lines. An aura may last 10 minutes to one hour, after which you get a throbbing headache.
- Migraine without an aura (common migraine): This migraine strikes without any warning. The common symptoms include head pain on one side of the head, but other symptoms like nausea, light sensitivity, tinnitus, and dizziness are common.
- Hemiplegic migraine: Like stroke, this migraine causes temporal paralysis on one side of the body. Warning signs of this migraine include weakness on one side of the body, tingling, and numbness. You may or may not experience head pain.
- Silent migraine: Sometimes, you may experience a migraine with an aura but no head pain.
- Menstrual migraine: Women are likely to receive migraines before, during, and after menstruation. This migraine is likely triggered by hormonal changes.
You might wonder why identifying the type of migraine is important. Establishing the kind of migraine you are experiencing is integral in coming up with an effective treatment plan.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Headaches and Migraines
Spinal manipulation aligns your spinal joints, reducing pressure on the nervous system. When your nervous system is “free,” the freedom helps coordinate body functions better, including pain management. Other treatments include:
- Massage therapy to relax your neck and head muscles
- Trigger point therapy targeting pain point areas
- Myofascial release targeting membranes connected to muscles
- Lifestyle changes and nutritional counseling
Contact Us for More Information
Ready to get help overcoming head pain in Winter Park, FL? Book an appointment with us at Rumley Family Chiropractic for help with pain relief. Call us at (407) 277-0046 today.