3 Reasons to See a Chiropractor After a Work-Related Injury
Accidents happen, even at work. If you've been injured on the job and are now experiencing neck pain, back pain, or some other dysfunction, it's important to see a chiropractor as soon as you've been medically cleared by your physician.
What Is a Work-Related Injury?
Even people with desk jobs can sustain an injury at work! While individual factors vary--including location, severity, and type of injury--the most common work-related injuries include:
- Spinal disc herniation
- Spinal facet joint locking
- Chronic back or neck pain
- Muscle strain or spasm
- Rotator cuff injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Mechanisms of injury include repetitive use, prolonged overhead movement, heavy lifting, and/or improper body mechanics or ergonomics.
Top 3 Reasons Why Chiropractic Care Can Help With Your Work-Related Injury
1. Faster healing and pain-relief. Chiropractic care includes treatments that accelerate tissue healing, reduce inflammation, and promote pain relief--often faster than prescription medications alone. Treatment may include spinal decompression, corrective exercise prescription, and chiropractic adjustments.
2. Drug-free and all natural services. We offer safe, effective, non-invasive and drug-free treatment options that pose little to no risk of side effects for you, including complementary interventions such as acupuncture and massage therapy.
3. Prevention of chronic dysfunction. The team at Rumley Family Chiropractic P.A. performs a thorough physical and neurological examination to identify your active symptoms AND identify and resolve the underlying cause. Potential underlying causes that make you more at risk for a work-related injury may include muscle-length imbalances, postural abnormalities, or even decreased mobility and energy flow within the spine.
Struggling With a Work-Related Injury? See Our Orlando Chiropractor Today
A work-related injury is not only a physical challenge--it can often be a financial and emotional one, as well. Orlando chiropractor Dr. Matthew Rumley and his team help people just like you get healthy and get back on the job as soon as possible. We offer the best of what quality chiropractic care can do, including thorough examinations and individualized treatment plans. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, call today: 407-277-0046.